It’s Christmas Time!
The period of the year that all of us have been waiting for is finally arrived. The city is full of lights, the bells ring down the streets, families get together, and everyone is happier: it’s Christmas time!
But where and how to spend these special days? The city of Florence is definitely a perfect destination that combines history and traditions with the magic of Christmas.
• Santa Croce’s Christmas Market:
This Market is an important Florentine tradition, each year more than 50 operators come here from all over the world to offer their specialities.
• Christmas tree lighting
The 8th of December at 6.00 pm, will take place the traditional tree lightning of the city’s Christmas tree, followed by the parade of the Florentine Republic.
• Fair of the Immaculate in Santissima Annunziata Square: with the Immaculate Fair in Santissima Annunziata’s square returns the market, from 8th to 10th December. You you can find organic products and small crafts
• FlorenceWinter Park:
Located at the garden of the Obihall Theater in Florence, the Florence Winter Park is designed to unite all the winter sports lovers. This year consists of a main covered skating rink, further enlarged, that measures: 18 meters x 38 meters, and another one that measures 10 meters x 20 meters.
• Florence Light Festival:
On December 8th Florence will light up in occasion of Christmas thanks to the Lights Festival. Until January 8th 2018, the most beautiful monuments and squares of Florence will be illuminated with video-mapping, projections, light games, at the same time educational activities and meetings are organized.
Among the places covered by F-Light there will also be Piazza Santo Spirito, the Arnolfo tower, Palazzo Medici Riccardi, the Palace of the Chamber of Commerce, Piazza Santa Maria Novella, the Tower of San Niccolò, the Museum of the Twentieth Century, the Lodge of Porcellino ,the Basilica of San Lorenzo, and the Central Market.
Where to stay to spend your Florentine holiday?
The Rivoli Boutique Hotel and the Grand Hotel Adriatico, located in the heart of Florence, are just a 5-minute walk from central Santa Maria Novella Station. They offer you the perfect facilities to make sure you do not miss the Christmas activities organized by the municipality of Florence.
Also this year, the Rivoli Boutique Hotel will host the master Claudio Ladurini nativity Scenes exhibition, which, at its 6th edition, has become an important opportunity to live the Christmas magic.
The Rivoli Boutique Hotel, the site of the exhibition, still makes available its halls to the visitors to make the hotel a place not just for the guests, but also to share with the Florentines people.
The theme of this year is the revision of the ancient crafts, a project that is further expanded with the proposition of new and larger settings of the Nativity Scenes. The free entry exhibition will be inaugurated on December 8th 2017 at 11 am and will stay open every day from 11 am to 11 pm to the 10th January 2018. In addiction, it will be set up in the Hotel ‘The Santa Claus’s Village” that will take place in an entire hall of the Hotel, available to all, young and old. Visible also from outside the Hotel, the Village will represent a perfect occasion to live the magic of Christmas, so make sure to come in and dedicate some of your time to it!
At Rivoli Boutique Hotel and at Grand Hotel Adriatico, from December 10th 2017, you will be able to request the exclusive Christmas Rooms which include:
• A bottle of sparkling wine for an happy toast;
• 2 typical Italian Christmas Cakes (for example Panettone, Pandoro);
• 1 small Christmas present (such as Christmas tree decoration)
• Vanity set with exclusive products
• Pillow Menù for a more comfortable night;
• Florence info kit: map of Florence, list of current events, exhibitions and shows;
• Free supply of mineral water the day of arrival;
• 15% discount at our Benedicta Restaurant (inside the Rivoli Boutique Hotel) and Opera Restaurant (inside the Grand Hotel Adriatico);
• Free Upgrade to high-speed Wi-fi;
• Special Christmas lunch at Benedicta restaurant: 40,00 euro per person (closed for dinner the Christmas day)
• New Year’s Eve Gala Dinner at Benedicta Restaurant with a special rate of 85,00 euro per person (the dinner will end in time for attending to the shows organized by the Florence Municipality).