“Cinquanta giorni di Cinema” (Fifty days of Cinema) at the Odeon Cinema in Florence
Appointment to Florence with the fifth edition of “Cinquanta giorni di Cinema“, the longest Italian film festival organized by the Tuscan Foundation Mediateca in collaboration with the Tuscany Region.
From 20th October until 9th December 2011 in Florence will be performed 9 festival and 7 special events, during which will be screened 150 films from around the world, with the participation of international audience.
The Odeon Cinema in Florence will be the location of the event, where, for 50 consecutive days, will be take place the 9 Festivals in program. The initiative was established to combine the various festival of Florence into a one big event, in order to promote and spread films of quality and provide visibility to those films that otherwise would not find space in the traditional distribution, but that are however of great depth and artistic and cultural value.
The Program of “Cinquanta giorni di Cinema”:
- 20th – 23 th October: Odeon France, where it will propose the best of French cinema today;
- 24th – 27th October: Insulae, emerging Cinema – Corsica and Sardegna, with a special tribute to the traditional sounds;
- 28th – 29th October: Una finestra sul Nord (A window on the North), where will be proposed some Finnish films, during which will be the festival of theater Intercity Festival, on 25th and 26th October, dedicated to Helsinki;
- 30th October 30- 1st November: Images and Sounds from the world – Festival del Film Etnomusicale (Etno musical Film Festival), that will animate the Casa del Cinema in Florence, with films and documentaries about the music of ethnic of distant countries;
- 4th – 9th November: Festival Internazionale di Cinema e Donne (International Festival of Cinema and Women), that this year will focus on “The Value and Hope”;
- 12th – 19th November: Festival dei Popoli (Festival of Peoples), the oldest documentary film festival in Europe, reached its 52nd edition, during which will also present a retrospective about Isaki Iacuesta, a young catalan director, champion of cinema studies;
- 21th – 24th November: Lo Schermo dell’Arte Film Festival (The Art Screen Film Festival), that since four years promotes interdisciplinarity between cinema and contemporary art. Two souls of the festival: on the one hand, the documentaries, and on the other the so-called “art films”;
- 25th November – 1st December: The Florence Queer Festival, a festival dedicated to queer culture (gay and not only), that deal with the diversity of gender, sexual orientation and the problems linked to it.
- 2nd – 8th December: River to River – Florence Indian Film Festival focuses on Indian cinema inside and outside Bollywood, that will include a retrospective about the literature Nobel Rabindranath Tagore
- 9th December: Close the “50 Giorni” Premio Nice Città di Firenze (Nice Award City of Florence), (New Italian Cinema Events), the most important film festival for the promotion of new Italian cinema in the world, at which will be awarded a prize to the most appreciated and voted Italian film in the United States.
All films, as usual at House of Cinema Odeon in Florence, are in their original language, subtitled in Italian and English.
If you don’t want miss this great show, that since 5 years attracts thousands of people from all over the world, come to Florence and book a room in one hotel of Ars Hotels Firenze, in the heart of the city.